As featured on
More than 60 people tried out for Zozobra: actors, servers, retirees, legal aides and a reporter for The New Mexican.
William Parnall, a New Mexico native and Division I Judge of the New Mexico 2nd Judicial District Court, chosen out of 60 who auditioned to to provide the voice of Zozobra when Old Man Gloom gets torched in September.
Newsletter sign up
Stay up to date on the latest news and the local entertainment scene by subscribing to The New Mexican's email lists.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
VIDEO NEWS HIGHLIGHTS
- Española city official killed in Albuquerque
- More rattlesnakes could be in the forecast for N.M.
- Santa Fe priest removed from post amid misconduct investigation
- Water-conserving cisterns run afoul of rules
- Santa Fe County deputies capture escaped jail inmate at hospital
- 'M. Butterfly' caps a solid Santa Fe Opera season
- Wife resuscitates husband struck by lightning in Taos
- Santa Fe Imaging, Santa Fe Radiology patients victims of ransomware attack
- Escaped Santa Fe County jail inmate eludes capture after mistaken release
- Santa Fe schools, groups try to welcome influx of new student arrivals