The SFO costume shop is having a big sale! Well, it’s not our Santa Fe Opera, but the other SFO, in San Francisco, and it’s online this year for the first time. So Santa Feans can participate from afar. More than 500 San Francisco Opera costumes will be available, most from the operettas The Merry Widow and Die Fledermaus (perfect for future party-going), and from Tannhäuser (for those of a more Wagnerian bent). Prices start at $75; specifications and photos for each costume will be available at sfopera.com/costumesale. Online shopping at begins at 1 p.m. local time on Friday, Nov. 13 and ends at 12:59 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 15.
Pasatiempo's most popular online content from the past seven days
- Language as a force for good: Poet Luci Tapahonso
- The eternal struggle to be present: Natalie Goldberg
- A new voice at an old institution: The Met hires its first full-time Native curator
- Mining the landscape: Artist Ivan Barnett
- Books by New Mexico authors
- Star Codes, April 9 to 15
- So bad it's good
- Boogying along the Santa Fe Trail
- En route: ‘Trails, Rails and Highways’
- Going for the grass: If they fertilize it, will you come?