The SFO costume shop is having a big sale! Well, it’s not our Santa Fe Opera, but the other SFO, in San Francisco, and it’s online this year for the first time. So Santa Feans can participate from afar. More than 500 San Francisco Opera costumes will be available, most from the operettas The Merry Widow and Die Fledermaus (perfect for future party-going), and from Tannhäuser (for those of a more Wagnerian bent). Prices start at $75; specifications and photos for each costume will be available at sfopera.com/costumesale. Online shopping at begins at 1 p.m. local time on Friday, Nov. 13 and ends at 12:59 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 15.
Pasatiempo's most popular online content from the past seven days
- Dance therapy: Tango and the human connection
- Mountain standard time
- Bounding through the open door: actor Steven Herrera
- The trumpets shall sound
- Must-see events for winter and spring
- Star Codes: Jan 14-20
- Tech trek: 'Remote Possibilities'
- 2021 movies that wowed
- Star Codes: Jan. 7-Jan. 13
- An opera charming for the city different