This Little Light of Mine tells the story of Fannie Lou Hamer, a Black former sharecropper whose political activism lead to the passage of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965.
With its small population, New Mexico wasn’t at the top of the list for touring attractions. Nevertheless, by 1908, there were no fewer than 15 opera houses and theaters in the state.
What's Thanksgiving without a little family dysfunction (or a lot)? Since most of us won't be traveling this year or opening our houses to family members and friends, here are some streaming opera performances to fill the void.
The opera world’s most innovative pandemic response comes from the Finnish National Opera, which quickly pivoted from a planned season-opening production of Richard Wa…
Officials there initially said Santa Fe Opera Artistic Director Alexander Neef wouldn't join the French company until the summer of 2021.
The Metropolitan Opera hosts a ticketed series called Met Stars Live in Concert. Husband-and-wife team Roberto Alagna and Aleksandra Kursak perform via livestream on Sunday, Aug. 16.
The Magic Flute is a work that presents us with the perfect paradox — a piece that is quite likely the best of all possible introductions to opera for a child or a first-timer, yet one which offers repeated rewards to the most experienced attendees
While none of us can enjoy this season of the Santa Fe Opera in the way we had hoped, it’s still possible to explore the planned 2020 operas with SFO @ Home, Pasatiemp…
How did Richard Strauss orchestrate such a "brilliantly conceived" opera, as Sir Mark Elder once wrote about Salome? We break down the first page of the score for you.
Movie show times
- Off the beaten track: Midtown Bistro
- Authentic Italian cuisine capita a Santa Fe: Chef Cristian Pontiggia
- You can't wreck this sauce: ‘Kitchen Meets Quarantine’
- This way to Flavor Town: Tune Up Café
- New wine in a new wineskin: The Kosher Food & Wine Experience
- Hibernation time: Root 66 goes on hiatus
- Where the chile is always hot
- Flatirons Food Film Festival highlights
- Let them eat cake: Coquette satisfies your sweet tooth
- Dosas at home: Paper Dosa gets creative
- Not too hot to read: "Chile Peppers: A Global History"
- The season for splurges
- Eat, eat: A multicultural Hanukkah feast at Marquez Deli
- Cabernet franc: The unsung hero of reds
- Thanksgiving Fare