Singer Clairdee and fluegelhornist Dmitri Matheny aren’t strangers to jazz standards or to each other. Matheny brought his rich, often soulful sound to the upbeat Harold Arlen-Ted Koehler number “I’ve Got the World on a String” that’s included on the vocalist’s recording Destination Moon. Both singer and instrumentalist are known for their warmth, pure tones, and intimate delivery. They collaborate again in a tribute to the Great American Songbook for the Wednesday, June 25, edition of Music on the Hill, held on the athletic field of St. John’s College (1160 Camino de Cruz Blanca) at 6 p.m. Admission is free. Visit www.sjc.edu/events-and-programs/santa-fe/music-on-the-hill-2014.
Pasatiempo's most popular online content from the past seven days
- The delights and dangers of midsummer dreams
- From page to stage: Upstart Crows present Shakespeare's 'Antony and Cleopatra'
- City of Santa Fe Arts Commission names next poet laureate, city historian
- Tchaikovsky triumphs in Santa Fe
- 'The Lord of Cries': An uneven first act redeemed by the end
- A marriage of minds
- Star Codes: July 30-Aug. 5
- The wild ride of 'The Lord of Cries'
- Santa Fe Opera offers free south-side screenings
- Neither snow nor rain: 'The Green Knight'