Taurus encourages a bull-like anger toward irresponsibility.
Aries energy now courses through each blade of grass. We may feel excited or a nap coming on as Aries energy pulses. Although momentum builds this week, we may not be …
2020 is almost over, and we are so ready for a change. This week, Mercury and the sun both form an engaging trine with change-master Uranus, a planet that acts like a cosmic clutch to help us shift gears for the year ahead.
Now through the end of January is a pivot point between astrological and political eras. The sun is waking up from an unusually long solar minimum; political and social changes build momentum with an active sun.
It’s interesting that America chooses to vote a few days after Halloween, Samhain, and the Day of the Dead — all sun in Scorpio holidays which help us make our peace with ancestors, dance with our fears, and feed sweets to the future.
The light shifts toward autumn, and the sun just entered focused Scorpio — creating the time of year when we face our fears for the long winter ahead. It’s time to look deep within our souls and our culture.
Keep calm and clear the mental fog. Reel that snappy comment back in and take a break rather than cut off a friendship. How we think and communicate can get reactive and glitchy. Choose to check facts and think through consequences.
Be ready to tie yourself to the mast if the storm picks up. During this tricky week, which may just be mildly irritating for some and energizing for others, we could see some real snafus.
Let’s savor these days of high summer while the sun and Mercury simmer in dramatic Leo, the season usually dedicated to arts festivals, big family picnics, and summer romance.
Recent solar flares have turned up the volume on history. This year’s three Jupiter-Pluto conjunctions maximize our longings for freedom. Activating Mars conjuncts sensitizing Neptune in Pisces, which can both leave us in a cloud of confusion and stir of anger over our vulnerabilities.
Many of us have now become proficient at Zoom, or whatever our chosen form of communication, and may be getting bored. We’ll hanker after fresh territory and good news this weekend, with the sun, moon, Mercury, and Venus all in nervy Gemini.
Spring beckons. The planets and politics speak of the tension between our desire to roam and our need for safety as the sun trines intense Pluto and then trines expansive Jupiter.
Movie show times
- Authentic Italian cuisine capita a Santa Fe: Chef Cristian Pontiggia
- You can't wreck this sauce: ‘Kitchen Meets Quarantine’
- This way to Flavor Town: Tune Up Café
- New wine in a new wineskin: The Kosher Food & Wine Experience
- Hibernation time: Root 66 goes on hiatus
- Where the chile is always hot
- Flatirons Food Film Festival highlights
- Let them eat cake: Coquette satisfies your sweet tooth
- Dosas at home: Paper Dosa gets creative
- Not too hot to read: "Chile Peppers: A Global History"
- The season for splurges
- Eat, eat: A multicultural Hanukkah feast at Marquez Deli
- Cabernet franc: The unsung hero of reds
- Thanksgiving Fare
- Growing into your food: Author Deborah Madison