Santa Fe Art Institute podcasters are back with Episode 7 of Tilt, “Cultivating Community.” Leaders of the New Mexico Asian Family Center (NMAFC) and Pueblo Action Alliance join hosts Kourtney Andar, Toni Gentilli, and Nuttaphol Ma to discuss the creative strategies they’ve developed to address shifting community needs during the pandemic. NMAFC was founded in 2006 in Albuquerque to serve and advocate for the Pan-Asian community. Formed in the wake of the 2016 Standing Rock movement, Pueblo Action Alliance promotes cultural sustainability and community defense by addressing environmental and social impacts in Indigenous communities. The new episode of Tilt premieres Friday, June 25, at sfai.org. No charge.
Pasatiempo's most popular online content from the past seven days
- 'The Lord of Cries': An uneven first act redeemed by the end
- Smaller footprint, larger steps: Traditional Spanish Market returns
- The wild ride of 'The Lord of Cries'
- Arrogance, naiveté, and passion: 'Eugene Onegin'
- Love wins in the Forest of Arden: Santa Fe Classic Theater presents 'As You Like It'
- ‘The Marriage of Figaro’ offers sterling performances, but ultimately a mixed bag
- Dining outside the box: Restaurant patios worth checking out
- Star Codes, July 23 to 29
- World traveler, troubled soul: 'Roadrunner: A Film about Anthony Bourdain'
- 'The Lord of Cries': History, plot, and other interesting tidbits