U.S. Marine Corps veteran Wes Dyer found the healing power of fly-fishing following his years of service. Now a professional guide, he's taking other veterans on fly-fishing adventures through his nonprofit, AWOL Angler.
As featured on
U.S. Marine Corps veteran Wes Dyer credits fly-fishing with changing his life. Now, he's running a nonprofit to introduce other veterans to the outdoor activity.
Trampas Lakes Trail in the Pecos Wilderness provides a breathtaking 12-mile out-and-back hike through lush forests cradled between two mountain ridges up to a pair of lakes that lie beneath the towering Truchas Peaks complex.
- First strike at Santa Fe's new bowling alley
- Santa Fe man found shot dead in El Llano
- Barricaded suspect in Velarde surrenders without incident
- Pecos residents unite against proposed mine
- Santa Fe man had gator at business
- Santa Fe’s school shooting training video concerns parents
- Nonprofit linked to Santa Fe mayor seeks $200,000 city contract
- Ex-Santa Fe High ROTC coach accused of sexually assaulting students
- Holding on to heritage at Santa Fe Indian Market
- Uneasy on the Plaza