A woman volunteer was injured Thursday morning ahead of the annual Pancakes on the Plaza event when cooking spray ignited while preparing a cooking surface, according to Santa Fe Police.

A loud bang could be heard on the Plaza around 7 a.m. according to Mike Reichard, Santa Fe New Mexican circulation director, who was on the Plaza at the time of the incident.

Emergency workers attended to the injured woman, before she was sent home, according to Santa Fe Police Chief Andrew Padilla. The injured person's identity was not immediately available, and the injury appears to be minor, according to Padilla.

"It didn't turn out to be such a big deal after all," agreed Lt. Michele Williams, adding she believes the sound was likely caused by water on the stove mixing with cooking spray.

This is a developing story and more details will be added as they become available.