There are big trees, and then there are big trees. Liz Aicher, known as the “big tree lady” to some who frequent Valles Caldera, looks for the latter.
The 2020 Engagement with Parks Report, based on a survey of 1,000 U.S. adults, also found that during the COVID-19 pandemic, parks and recreation has been a vital respite for people.
- Setting sail in New Mexico
- Pandemic sends vacationers outdoors for distance
- Los Alamos hiker’s guide helps unlock Valles Caldera’s backcountry trails
- Valles Caldera celebrates 20th anniversary as national preserve
- Horseback outfitters want locals back in the saddle
- How to think like a fish: Anthony Atwell’s ‘ecological awareness’
- Rafting industry navigates rough waters of COVID-19 pandemic