Santa Fe area resident Thomas Ashcraft is a naturalist, artist and citizen scientist. Self taught in multiple disciplines, he built an observatory in the backyard of his home south of Eldorado and observes the skies and outer space with a wide array of equipment, then shares his data and findings with others in the research community.
Read more on Ashcraft and his research here:
As featured on
Thomas Ashcraft, who is best described as an artist turned citizen scientist, is a man driven to ask questions about the universe in the hope he can also find answers.
Newsletter sign up
Stay up to date on the latest news and the local entertainment scene by subscribing to The New Mexican's email lists.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
VIDEO NEWS HIGHLIGHTS
- On the New Mexico-Texas border, a new kind of green energy
- Lawsuit: Pecos school officials turned blind eye to sexual abuse of students
- Worker shortage leads Santa Fe businesses to offer hefty bonuses
- Motorcyclists injured in head-on collision N.M. on 14
- Santa Fe man gets eight years in two attacks on women
- Toddler survives being ejected from vehicle in I-25 crash in Santa Fe
- Bishop’s Lodge set to reopen with eye toward luxury travelers
- Santa Fe police identify suspect in train station carjacking
- Santa Fe to assume responsibility for four stretches of road
- State senator plans to sue New Mexico Cabinet secretary, alleging retaliation
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.